Top 5 Reasons why you should move to Porto
Relocating to another country, for whatever reason, can be a bit of a challenge, but it is also an adventure, an opportunity, an aspiration to change your life. After the economic crisis particularly, many Westerners have decided to move “someplace warm and beautiful”. Portugal definitely makes the top of their list, so here are the Top 10 Reasons why you should move to Porto.
- The cost of living in Portugal is lower compared to Western European countries, such as Germany, the UK or Scandinavian countries. This is a deciding factor for many foreigners thinking of moving to Porto, especially those who are retired.
- The weather in Porto (and throughout Portugal) is very nice, with warm summers and mild winters, generally ranging between 5 degrees Celsius (in January) to a bit above 20 degrees Celsius (in July).
- Porto is a wealthy city, with a great cultural and historical heritage. The architecture here is amazing and getting lost on the narrow winding cobblestone streets can be an unforgettable experience. There definitely is a lot to explore here, and Porto is an aesthetic delight
- The River Douro with its rich valley provide both a breathtaking landscape and a great agricultural and wine-producing potential. The Ribeira in Porto, the quarter facing River Douro, is a beautiful place to walk around, exploring and learning more about the Roman heritage of the Cidade Invicta.
- Porto wine has a sweet bouquet and is one of the symbols of Portugal. Having a glass of Port wine entails a true ritual of flavor and style. The recommended manner of savoring it is with friends in one of the traditional restaurants, listening to the melancholic rhythms of Fado music.